First transnational meeting of the project
NEETs in Entrepreneurship project will be implemented over the course of 3 years (period 01.10.2018 – 30.09.2021), in 4 European countries (Romania, Bulgaria, Italy and Spain) by Junior Achievement member organizations, with the support of experts from JA Europe, JA Norge and Lyk-Z & daughters social entrepreneurship company. The project is funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment.
To support and prepare 1,600 NEETs for the labour market (youth, 18-29 years-old).
- ► Contribution initiating businesses, to employment and the creation of new jobs in the community;
- ► Providing the necessary support for NEETs - consulting, access to vocational training courses and support in the integration process on the labor market;
- ► Carrying out prevention activities for those at risk of belonging to the NEETs category.
The project’s beneficiaries will take part in activities carried out in one of the four hubs in each of the countries. Over the course of the 3 years, at least 500 NEET youths will have access to professional insertion activities, 400 will participate in core business incubation activities, and 40 will open their own businesses.
Activities, expected results and project impact:
- ► Baseline Study - Analysis of the status of NEETs in partner countries and existing projects
- ► 1,600 NEETs (Bulgaria, Italy, Romania, Spain) selected and involved in the project activities
- ► Platform for the registration of selected NEETs
- ► 4 educational hubs created in Bulgaria, Italy, Romania, Spain
- ► Practical learning program: trainings, workshops in hubs, webinars, blended learning modules (Career, Prevention, Entrepreneurship, Incubation)
- ► School dropout prevention program for 1,000 students from technological high schools (vocational schools)
- ► Additional activities for the professional insertion of 500 NEETs (job shadow opportunities, apprenticeship, internship and mentoring)
- ► Entrepreneurial practice and support for small business development within a business incubator
- ► Realizing partnerships between institutions, entrepreneurial hubs, between the business environment and the educational community, for cooperation on the labor market.